The Ice Break
Friday, 29 July 2016
Step by step guide on how to build a heatpump – out of flour, eggs and milk!
Star's air source heatpump, the Neatpump, was years in the making, but this one will only take you a few hours - here's how you can bake your very own heat pump cake (tried and tested recipe)!
How to make a Neatpump... CAKE!
by D.H. MacLeod
1. Find an engine room (kitchen)
2. Compile as per specification (recipe)
3. Supply charge (Mix batter)
4. Charge vessels (Pour into 10" cake tin)
5. All equipment received (4 x 10" Cakes)
6. Check sizes (Cut cakes to size)
7. Position and weld (Add layer of jam & buttercream)
8. Build pack (Add another layer of buttercream)
9. Keep building (Add more layers)
10. Final build stage (Add another jam layer)
11. Check overall dims (Cake is square)
12. Paint (Add crumb coat)
13. Check paint quality (Crumb coat is level)
14. Once paint is dry... (Crumb coat is hard)
15. ...Build housing (Add fondant panels)
16. Finish housing (Add last panel)
17. When fitting last panel, check edges (Add water to seal edges)
18. Ensure housing is square (Allow to dry)
19. Fit fans (Cut and add fondant fans)
20. Fans should be run tested (Allow to dry)
21. Check paint specification (Order printed fondant)
22. Paint doors (Make fondant doors)
23. Let paint cure (Let fondant harden)
24. Add doors and logos (Yup)
25. Take photographs prior to despatch...
Your Neatpump is now ready for shipping. Slice, Serve, Eat and Enjoy!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)